Thank you for your interest in joining our agency
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:Grounds Worker \ Spotter - Starting pay $14.00\hour
- REPORTS TO: Landfill Operations Supervisor
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- JOB SUMMARY:
Maintain the appearance of the landfill & provide landfill customers with direction to the disposal sites.
- JOB SCOPE:
Under general supervision operates and maintains ground maintenance and litter abatement equipment.
Provides customers with direction to the disposal site, parks customers safely away from operating
equipment and other customers, inspects incoming loads for prohibited waste.
- PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
- Assists in maintaining the appearance of the
landfill, including collecting windblown trash and
- Directs and supervises all incoming customers and traffic in disposal area.
- Inspects loads for prohibited materials that are being disposed. Collects
prohibited material and
returns to customers.
- Communicates with all
employees in work group/department and may respond to questions from
the general public regarding services.
- Enforces safety policies and procedures.
- Attends safety meetings and training events.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Assists in maintaining the appearance of the landfill, including collecting windblown trash and
- OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
Physical and Environmental Conditions: Ability to sit, stand and drive a vehicle to and from various worksites. Employee must be able to lift up to 75 pounds. Employee will be exposed to seasonal temperatures and potentially hazardous and/or contaminated materials in the course of duty. Travel across rough, uneven or rocky surfaces at the landfill. Available to work irregular hours, shifts, weekends and some holidays.
Minimum Education, Experience and Certification: High School Diploma or equivalent. Will be required to successfully complete Waste Screening Course within six (6) months of employment.